Well, this feels like a very weird/strange/self-promoting to do, but here goes anyway…!!
The quirky, interesting and hugely entertaining Morgan from over at wandering rush has nominated me for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ award!! Jump over and check her out, she has a great sense of humour, and is a very entertaining read. Heaps of great photos to go along with the posts, which I really like.
I find it very humbling that anyone wants to even read what I have to say, let alone likes it enough to class it as ‘inspiring’. So here goes, let’s do this thing!!! 😀
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
OK, 7 random facts about me….ummmm…….WOW, THIS IS HARD!!!!
1. I love gardening, and have certificates in both Horticulture and Land Management…yet still seem to kill more plants than your average plant serial killer 😦
2. I am getting quite health conscious as I get older, and am (slowly) becoming comfortable in my own skin.
3. I come from a long line of strong, independent women who would go to the wall for their families (and have done), and who have survived and flourished in all types of situations. I am slowly coming to the realization that I too am strong.
4. I am a scardey-cat at heart. I don’t like the dark (especially outside dark, that’s SUPER scary) I jump EVERY time somebody says boo….even if I know they are there!!
5. I am a little bit broken inside. I struggle with losing my Mum, and don’t feel like the same person I was when she was here. Her death has changed me in some indefinable way, deep down in the heart of me.
6. I suck at house work. I want my house to look warm, inviting, comfortable, stylish….but it doesn’t. I doubt it ever will 😦 So I will settle for kind-of-clean.
7. I drink far too much tea (love a good, strong cuppa) but I can’t stand the taste of coffee. Not even a little bit!
So that is me. Take me or leave me, I am who I am 🙂
OK, so now we’ve heard all about me, let’s concentrate on someone else for a while!!
These are 15 blogs that inspire me, for many different reasons. Some help me focus on my health goals, some give me ideas on what to (try to) cook, some give me great ideas for my home. Some help me cope with my loss and grief, and let me know that I’m not alone. Some are just entertaining and real 🙂 I encourage you to go and have a look at each, you never know, one might just hit a chord with you too!
So, in no particular order;
So there you have it, I hope you enjoy some of the great blogs I’ve suggested. You may even discover one that inspires YOU!